IRS Business tax forms

The necessary tax forms are easily accessible, and instructions on how to fill them out are readily available on the IRS website.

Finding the form or publication you need is as easy as using the search box on the IRS’s list of all forms and publications. All of them are available as PDF files, therefore you will need a PDF reader program to view and finish them online. Due to frequent updates, be sure you get the right form for the year you’re filing.

To assist with the completion of forms, the IRS provides a number of publications and instruction manuals that may be viewed online using any computer browser. Keep in mind that certain publications are updated annually. Make sure you read the relevant publication for the current tax year because the year is often specified in the title. The IRS also provides a variety of eBook publications that may be read on a mobile device and offer instructions on forms and taxes.

Let’s face it, filing your business taxes correctly can be challenging. For businesses, there are essentially three types of federal taxes: income, employment, and excise.

All businesses, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, C corporations, S corporations, and limited liability companies (LLC), are required to submit income tax reports. However, partnerships are a little different because they file an information return rather than a tax return and the members file their taxes individually.

Businesses may be required to submit employment tax forms for social security and Medicare, federal income tax withholding, and federal unemployment tax (FUTA). There will be some further paperwork to complete as well.

Your firm may also need to file excise tax if it manufactures or sells specific goods, makes use of specific buildings, equipment, or goods, receives payment for particular services, or simply falls under a specified kind of enterprise. Federal excise taxes are recorded on Form 720, Quarterly Federal Excise Tax Return. Environmental taxes, communication and air transportation taxes, fuel taxes, manufacturer’s taxes on the sale or use of various items, and taxes on the initial retail sale of heavy vehicles, trailers, and tractors are all possible. Each has its own IRS form.

The tax laws are very complex. Our short blog articles cannot cover in full all the nuances of the rules. Your specific facts may hold various opportunities and possible risks that only trained, experienced, and highly qualified tax specialists can spot. We encourage you to find such help, rather than trying to figure it all out on your own. Consider giving this marketplace a try by posting your project and signing up here.

If you are a licensed tax professional and are interested in helping others either part or full-time, or ad hoc, come on in! Happy to have you. Our marketplace has the full suite of tools to communicate with clients including compliance calendars, task and message management, and billing. You can also quickly connect to knowledgeable colleagues who can complement your services with the ones you do not provide. Register here.