Tax Professionals

Unenrolled Preparer (PTIN Holder)

Unenrolled preparers can opt into the IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP). The AFSP provides tax practitioners who meet the standards with limited representation rights. Participants in the AFSP earn a completion certificate that permits them to represent clients in

Read More »

Certified Public Accountants

CPAs are licensed by a state licensing authority (for example, a state board of accountancy), and many states recognize licenses from other jurisdictions. A CPA must normally have a degree in accounting and spend an apprenticeship at a firm before

Read More »

Enrollment Agent

The US Treasury Department licenses EAs. The exam they take to get the credential is completely tax-related and written by the IRS. Before electing to get the EA credential, an EA would often have one or more years of experience

Read More »