Employee Benefits

Flexible Spending Arrangements (FSA)

An employer may have a program allowing employees to contribute pre-tax money towards various expenses (such as medical, dependent care, adoption assistance, dependent care assistance (usually more beneficial than dependent care credit), and others). Employers may offer additional credits for those who use the FSA system. The money can be lost if not used within a twelve- month plan year; some grace periods are available.

401(k) Plans

They are pension plans. The money is contributed by employees with some additional contributions by the employer. The amounts contributed are income tax-deferred, although non-deferral 401(k) plans may also be available (Roth 401(k)). Up to $18,000 for 2015 and 2016 can be contributed.


Consider staying out of the U.S. residency for as long as you can; see the next chapter on how. Before becoming a resident, consider what assets you’d like to bring into the

U.S. and which you’d like to dispose of to minimize your future tax exposure. It is also possible to break your U.S. residency under certain circumstances.

Read More

Ask a question

Data security and privacy are our topmost priorities. Your personal details will not be shared publicly.

Required fields are marked *